RE: Two Brothers response

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF248D.1DEF13EF

SEE COMMENTS BELOW:

Martin Retherford's Questions (ST list)
and Tom Monroe's Answers (Two Brothers)

Martin : Do you have to crack the mapping code to get the most out of this
can?
[Tom Monroe] Crack the mapping code? I don't even know what you mean, but
the answer is probably no.

ME: NOT SURE THIS IS THE GUY WE WANT TO DEAL WITH.

Martin: What finishes will it come in and why is there a difference between
"low" and "high" cans?
[Tom Monroe] Polished aluminum, filament wound carbon fiber, new X-Metal
carbon fiber, and titanium. We'll have both oval and round mufflers, with
essentially the same baffle. Slip-on tubes are polished stainless. Low is
like standard, high is way up high and DOES NOT REMOVE the passenger pegs
as we erroneously reported on our website. Our high pipe does not swing
around to go under the bags like the Triumph pipe does.

Martin: What is the change that is induced by your pipe that the motor
feels (i.e. why is your pipe better than the Triumph pipe for making more
horseys and torque)?
[Tom Monroe] Don't know, haven't tested the Triumph pipe. These are
slip-ons, and are probably going to be within 2 hp of each other. Other
factors, like sound, materials, quality, fit/finish, will be better, we
believe.

ME: SO DO WE WANT THE PIPE?

Martin: We all would like to see the dyno charts on what we would be
getting for HP and torque from idle to red line. I don't mind changing my
torque curve as long as I don't lose any bit of it. The reason most of us
like this bike is because of the torque so if you can increase it we're all
ears.
[Tom Monroe] I, too, would love to see those curves, and we're working on
getting a bike post-mapped to try it out. Shouldn't be too long. And no, I
never implied on the phone that we did the mapping here- we did not.

ME: POST MAPPED MEANS WHAT?  CRACKING THE CODE ON THE FUEL INJECTION TO MAKE
IT WORK?

Martin: Do you have plans for an under seat exhaust?
[Tom Monroe] Not likely. The underseat exhausts that are currently on the
market for other bikes (all by very small companies that do not sell much)
all do the following: A. Cost in excess of $1500; B. Don't offer as much
performance as a standard length exhaust; and C. Require either subframe
gutting or a new subframe/fender. All of these problems limit the audience
for this type of product. Sure, it looks cool, and I even have a dual, under
the seat on my GSXR streetfighter, but it was custom, one-off, and required
major work.

ME: TO BAD!  I WOULD HAVE LOOKED SERIOUSLY AT THAT.  I DON'T THINK IT WOULD
BE THAT MUCH WORK AND THE PRICE IS RIDICULOUS FOR $1500.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF248D.1DEF13EF

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: Two Brothers response</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>SEE COMMENTS BELOW:</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Martin Retherford's Questions (ST list)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>and Tom Monroe's Answers (Two Brothers)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Martin : Do you have to crack the mapping code to get =
the most out of this </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>can?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>[Tom Monroe] Crack the mapping code? I don't even =
know what you mean, but </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>the answer is probably no.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>ME: NOT SURE THIS IS THE GUY WE WANT TO DEAL =
WITH.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Martin: What finishes will it come in and why is =
there a difference between </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;low&quot; and &quot;high&quot; cans?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>[Tom Monroe] Polished aluminum, filament wound =
carbon fiber, new X-Metal </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>carbon fiber, and titanium. We'll have both oval and =
round mufflers, with </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>essentially the same baffle. Slip-on tubes are =
polished stainless. Low is </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>like standard, high is way up high and DOES NOT =
REMOVE the passenger pegs </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>as we erroneously reported on our website. Our high =
pipe does not swing </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>around to go under the bags like the Triumph pipe =
does.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Martin: What is the change that is induced by your =
pipe that the motor </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>feels (i.e. why is your pipe better than the Triumph =
pipe for making more </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>horseys and torque)?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>[Tom Monroe] Don't know, haven't tested the Triumph =
pipe. These are </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>slip-ons, and are probably going to be within 2 hp =
of each other. Other </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>factors, like sound, materials, quality, fit/finish, =
will be better, we </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>believe.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>ME: SO DO WE WANT THE PIPE?</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Martin: We all would like to see the dyno charts on =
what we would be </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>getting for HP and torque from idle to red line. I =
don't mind changing my </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>torque curve as long as I don't lose any bit of it. =
The reason most of us </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>like this bike is because of the torque so if you =
can increase it we're all </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>ears.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>[Tom Monroe] I, too, would love to see those curves, =
and we're working on getting a bike post-mapped to try it out. =
Shouldn't be too long. And no, I never implied on the phone that we did =
the mapping here- we did not.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>ME: POST MAPPED MEANS WHAT?&nbsp; CRACKING THE CODE =
ON THE FUEL INJECTION TO MAKE IT WORK?</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Martin: Do you have plans for an under seat =
exhaust?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>[Tom Monroe] Not likely. The underseat exhausts that =
are currently on the market for other bikes (all by very small =
companies that do not sell much) all do the following: A. Cost in =
excess of $1500; B. Don't offer as much performance as a standard =
length exhaust; and C. Require either subframe gutting or a new =
subframe/fender. All of these problems limit the audience for this type =
of product. Sure, it looks cool, and I even have a dual, under the seat =
on my GSXR streetfighter, but it was custom, one-off, and required =
major work.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>ME: TO BAD!&nbsp; I WOULD HAVE LOOKED SERIOUSLY AT =
THAT.&nbsp; I DON'T THINK IT WOULD BE THAT MUCH WORK AND THE PRICE IS =
RIDICULOUS FOR $1500.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF248D.1DEF13EF--