Re: Overheating Update

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Rick Young wrote:

> Question:  Have any of you noticed small traces (drops) of coolant on the
> metal work below the overflow?  I noticed small drops during my Sunday run.
>  Perhaps the general sloshing of the fluid or a poor connection?

My 6e did this when new, scared the piss out of me. Turned out that
the vent hose on the overflow bottles was plugged with some insects,
thus creating presure in the overflow bottle forcing liquid out
the lid. The really gross parts was when the guy (apprentice) at
the kawi shop started to suck at the hose instead of blowing to
get rid of the crud.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>

5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945