Re: RE: Crank case bolt recall

I wondered the same thing.  I did find out that a mechanic may be able to tell by looking at it, but the safer bet is to ask your Triumph dealer.  They should be able to tell if the work has been done by looking up your VIN in the computer, which will show whether or not the recall work was done.  The bolts are external and internal.  One thing to consider is that the engine oil is drained and reused during the recall work, as Triumph does not pay for new oil, so you may want to keep a close eye on things if your bike is affected and wait for the 500 mile service to have the recall work done.  From what I have heard , it does not take very many heating/cooling cycles before the bolts will start coming loose.  Supossedly, the thread locking compound becomes gummy when exposed to engine oil, thus making the initial torque amount decline resulting in the bolts vibrating loose is what I have heard.

>>> Troy Blood <TroyB@xxxxxxxxxxx> 11/05 10:04 AM >>>
I believe the crank case bolt recall is internal.