Re: Crank case bolt recall

At 10:57 AM 11/05/1999 -0500, Jonathan West wrote:
 >Anybody know if it is possible to check just by lookingat the bike if
 >the crankcase bolt recall was performed or not?  Can you see the
 >difference in the bolts visually?

Yes, you can tell the difference between the bolts by looking at them, but
unfortunately it is only when they are not installed...... (the new bolts
had a painted stripe on them). As others have suggested, you should be able
to get that information from the dealer that supposedly did the recall work.

There is a spot for recall work to be noted in the owners service log, but
I am not sure how many dealers actually fill out that page. I usually end
up filling it out and then have my dealer stamp it.

- - Eric