Re: Piston bolt loose!

At 10:31 AM 11/05/1999 -0500, Bill Flowers wrote:
 >Which brand did you use? On the Nighthawk list we determined that the
 >Saturn turn signal fluid was far superior to the Honda stuff.  I've
 >heard that Triumph's own is Saturn relabelled, but maybe is a slight
 >formula change to retain the Brit accent.
 >Does anyone else follow the 12-month replacement guideline for turn
 >signal fluid or do you wait until the lights dim and blink erraticly?

OK, this is getting out of hand. We all know (from the email with the
company) that Saturn does indeed provide a different formulation for the
turn signal fluid to Triumph. So it is not just a Triumph labelled
container but actually a different product all together. Triumph engineers
saw fit to go the extra mile and get a formulation that would dramatically
extend the life of our turn signals while providing the highest lumens with
the most accurate / regular blink rate in the industry. For this I would
gladly pay the extra money for the Triumph product.

For those of you use the Honda, Lucas or plain Lighter fluid, all I can say
is that I wouldn't want to buy your used bike. To spend all that money on a
bike and then skimp when it comes to blinker maintenance just amazes me.

I would hazard a guess that the lot of you clean your painted surfaces with
generic Acetone instead of the Triumph SS1 Acetone Kit as well .....

sheesh....

- - Eric