Re: dealers in general

At 02:10 PM 11/05/1999 -0700, Bert Bota wrote:
 >Tech experts appeal - Does anyone have an accurate fuse locator chart, or
 >whatever it's called? The fuse holder cap underseat on my 2000 ST doesn't
 >jive with the number and location of the actual fuses. When I have my elec

The new bikes have a new fuse holder. Last post I saw on this was that
there was going to be a change to the service / owners manuals to reflect
this, but have not heard anything further.

 >vest and grips on together, I blow the associated fuse. I replaced the
 >blown fuse (on the road) with the eng malfunction indicator fuse and now
 >the eng malfunct lite remains on, after I replaced it's fuse. The service
 >guys at Apex in Colorado Springs said I need to go to a dealer, have them
 >hook the bike up to a computer analyzer? and reset the computer if it's not
 >showing an actual malfunction, then the lite should go out.

If it was a non critical fault, then the light will go out after so many
starter cycles (I think its 10 but don't have my service manual on me...).
Critical faults will keep the light illuminated until fixed (or reset with
the programming tool).

Hope that vague little bit helped.....

- - Eric