Re: MIL (P0463A)

Whatever the manual states this is not necessarily the case; on mine the MIL light went on, stayed on for one cycle, and for the next it had disappeared. Perhaps my computer is faulty?
Anyway, at the dealer mine showed fault 'P0463A' - they had only the german manual, but this basically indicated 'over-pressurisation of the fuel pump'. This had happened to 2 other STs or T5's - it is apparently caused by a blockage in the fuel filter from contaminated fuel - I did some trips to southern Europe where perhaps the quality is not so good, or I was just unlucky.  The remedy is to change the fuel and air filter (I am at 16,000km in any case).  The rest of the 20k service will occur at the normal km'age.
In my case the blockage was so severe that one cylinder failed to fire at all for about 5 mins.  After that it ran fine. There was no obvious indication of the pump working overtime - it has always taken about 30 secs of whirring and then silence.
cheers
Jonathan

At 02:10 PM 11/05/1999 -0700, Bert Bota wrote:
 >the eng malfunct lite remains on, after I replaced it's fuse. The service
 >guys at Apex in Colorado Springs said I need to go to a dealer, have them
 >hook the bike up to a computer analyzer? and reset the computer if it's not
 >showing an actual malfunction, then the lite should go out.

OK, looked up the info. For the codes that will allow the MIL to go out,
most take 3 no-fault warm up cycles. A no-fault warm up cycle is defined as
1) the coolant temp must reach 72 degrees Celsius 2) the coolant must have
risen 23 degrees Celsius when 72 degrees was reached 3) a controlled
power-down sequence must take place and 4) the same error must not reoccur.

Basically what that means is that you can't sit there and switch it on and
off and you have to let it cool - three separate days of riding should
cause the light to go out. The error code will remain in the system for 40
no-fault cycles

Hope that helps

- - Eric