Re: new lister, Price of ST

I bought my ST in early September.. bike is a June production unit. I
had negotiated a price on a 2000 , and was all set to buy a blue one
but, and please don't flame me, this is a personal thing I just
didn't like the blue, rather I should say I didn't like the blue on
the ST. After looking at it for a LONG time I just felt it made the
bike look too much like an Asian sport bike kinda Yamaha R1 colored.
And I didn't want a red one.. don't ask :-)) Anyway the dealer
checked with TOA and I would have had to wait until around the middle
of this month to get a black 2000 ( Triumph has been building almost
exclusively blue ones) and I really didn't want to wait that long so
the dealer found me a 99. Anyway I paid $11,000.00 with the hardbags
and heated grips installed , including freight and prep ( I had a
trade that was worth $11K so no sales tax) I could have gotten a blue
2000 for the same price but I really, really didn't want to wait. I
realized I did leave some $$ on the table since a 2000 will be worth
more at selling or trade in time but I've always done very well
selling on my own, condition is everything in my experience selling a
used anything. Oh, and you can add me to the list of folks who don't
much care for the BT-57's !

Erik