Re: EU headlights ???

Hi Tim,
Just get your dealer to order the pair of 'bypass connectors' that fit in the two white connector blocks you should find dangling under the front fairing corners.
I think it was national law in Germany, Switzerland and Austria that only one headlight may be lit on a motorcycle at any time, in the crazed belief that somehow this made motorcycles more distinct from cars when seen from head on.  It has since been realised that providing twice the illumination is a little more safe :)
This was changed in Germany around mid-1997 I believe.
cheers
Jonathan

>>> "Leatherbiker" <leatherbiker@xxxxxxxxxxx> 08/11/99 13:18:15 >>>
I know this has come up before, as I remember people asking how
they could rewire the bike so that both headlights work at once.
I thought that they did both operate simultaneously on my first
Sprint (now, sadly, defunct) bought just 6 months ago, but on
the new one, it's one side for dipped and one for main beam. Has
this changed, or am I labouring under an illusion here?
And if it has, does it have anything to do with EU regulations
or what?

Tim