Re: Sprint 'ST', of course.

"Bird, Garry" wrote:

> 1).  Has anyone had any trouble with the centre stand that was replaced on
> the recall?  I am still not sure about using it much.  It seems to still be
> very apt to be "knocked off" if I'm tugging and pulling on the bike much.
> Actually, I think it takes very little to push it off.

Can't say yet. Just dropped it off this morning to have center stand installed.
Will up date in a day or so. (been a pain with out one!)

> 2).  How about stalling?  Has anyone's bike shown signs of stalling when you
> are gearing down and pulling in the clutch?  Another related problem is that
> when gearing down, I notice the bike has a subtle stumble if you blip the
> throttle when it is below about 2500-3000 rpm.  The stalling hasn't happened
> a whole bunch to me but I wonder if this is a problem with most 'ST' 's or
> just mine.  I've had it in to the dealer and they say everything is 100%.

Mine has started doing is since it has turned cold ( less than 32 to 50 F )
Typically if I have been riding the bike for a bit then stop to run some
errands, when I come out it will idle roughly. Traversing the parking lot it
will stall or idle crash when clutching and closing the throttle. If you get it
above 3k it picks up and runs fine. After running it faster for a couple of
miles it is fine. I wonder if it may be that some sensor or other cools faster
(i.e. o2, mass air sensor) and is not reading correctly in relation to the
sensors that are housed in the larger mass of the engine.

I have also had it sustain a high idle even after the commute to work. While
positioning the bike manually with the throttle fully closed It would remain at
2k. If you drag the rpms down by slipping the clutch they will hold at the
normal 1k level.

These have been occurring occasionally and not every ride. It has been enough
to be of note but not causing major concern as of yet.

I have the bike in the shop now but forgot to mention this to them. They are
going to check the current software rev.

> 3).  Has anyone actually got a turbo on their 'ST'?

No.

> 4).  Has anyone installed the Dynojet Power Commander on their 'ST'?  If so,
> have you noticed any improvements?

No.

> Mr. Bird

- --
                                                    _
Neil Halbert                  _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/ '_) EMC Corporation
email: halbert@xxxxxxx       _/--/  _/ -'_/ _/     /__ 171 South Street
voice: (508) 435-1000 x1232 _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/       Hopkinton, MA 01748