Re: MIL (P0463A)

ok, sorry Eric :(  Just that I had always heard all along that if the MIL light came on it would take 3 cycles to clear it. Dont recall ever hearing about other faults where the light would go on once and then out; perhaps it good this came up - for others out there, if you see the fault light come on once and then go out, there is likely still a fault stored in the computer, so its worth having it checked.
Do you think 'fuel sensor circuit high input' would correlate with a blocked fuel filter; it seems to make sense given the symptoms.  I dont remember the exact german words, but I think my translation was more-or-less correct given the explanation by the mechanic.
I should collect it today if it ever stops raining. Will report back.
Thanks for looking it up in the english manual!
Jonathan

At 01:04 PM 11/08/1999 +0100, Jonathan Schulster wrote:
 >Whatever the manual states this is not necessarily the case; on mine the MIL
 >light went on, stayed on for one cycle, and for the next it had disappeared.
 >Perhaps my computer is faulty?
 >Anyway, at the dealer mine showed fault 'P0463A' - they had only the german

P0463 shows N/A under the "number of cycles" column so your results are
exactly as expected.

 >manual, but this basically indicated 'over-pressurisation of the fuel pump'.

English version shows "Fuel Sensor circuit high input"

- - Eric