Re: Valentine/Gas Gauge/Carbon Can/Dyno Test/Rev Limiter/Polishing Wheels

"Bird, Garry" wrote:

> The detector is fine until I twist the
> throttle any amount.  It then goes off in the "laser radar" mode until I
> shut the throttle down.

Hmmm... this, coupled with:

> When I shut the Valentine off, the Bel goes quiet.  When I
> turn the Valentine back on the Bel starts chirping, again.

makes me wonder if your V1 isn't quite up to snuff. I know that the
lidar circuit is pretty sensitive to low voltage conditions, so a bad
power connection will frequently cause bogus lidar alerts. Also, direct
sunlight through the windshield (like when you're driving into the
setting sun) will sometimes trick my V1 into emitting a lidar alert for
about a second.

I'd suggest trying a different power circuit to hook your V1 into, or
maybe even a trip back to the factory for some refreshing -- that Bel
shouldn't be going off because of your V1!
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP