Re: EU headlights ???

Jonathan,
I asked the workshop today when I picked up my panniers, and JL
claims that it is now illegal (at least on bikes manufactured
after a certain date) for bikes to drive with two headlights,
either dipped or main beam. The logic, apparently, is that there
have been too many accidents caused by motorists seeing two
headlights on a bike - thinking it was a car at a great distance
rather than a bike that is virtually on top of them.
Shame about our cries of more visibility and also lack of proper
illumination when driving on unlit roads.
Can anyone verify that this is the case, legally speaking, in
the UK? He said that their engineers wouldn't be willing to do
it.
I am really disappointed, as I enjoyed the extra energy in the
light and the added conspicuousness.

Tim

> Hi Tim,
> Just get your dealer to order the pair of 'bypass connectors'
that fit in the two white connector blocks you should find
dangling under the front fairing corners.
> I think it was national law in Germany, Switzerland and
Austria that only one headlight may be lit on a motorcycle at
any time, in the crazed belief that somehow this made
motorcycles more distinct from cars when seen from head on.  It
has since been realised that providing twice the illumination is
a little more safe :)
> This was changed in Germany around mid-1997 I believe.
> cheers
> Jonathan

13:18:15 >>>
> I know this has come up before, as I remember people asking
how
> they could rewire the bike so that both headlights work at
once.
> I thought that they did both operate simultaneously on my
first
> Sprint (now, sadly, defunct) bought just 6 months ago, but on
> the new one, it's one side for dipped and one for main beam.
Has