Fuel economy

Previously, you (Retherford, Martin) wrote:
> On a similar note I rode 212 miles on a tank and it was sputtering big time.
> When I got some gas the next day I had put 5.1XX US gallons into the tank.

This brings up a question I've never seen a definitive answer to: how
much gas does the ST use?  The numbers I've seen are all over.

I've heard city numbers down in the 40-45 mpg range and highway up to 65
but I don't know if this is accurate.

Let's be more precise: if you were NOT in city (stop-and-go) traffic and
were NOT heavy on the trottle (i.e. just having a fun cruise in the
country, averaging perhaps 50mph) how many miles per gallon do you
expect?  Or how far on a tank?  (I can do the math.)

And what if you were making miles on the freeway in the best Saddle Sore
tradition, how far between fillups?

I want to know what to expect ... soon now.

- --
Bill Flowers
2000 Sapphire Blue Sprint ST (42 days and counting)