Re: Dyno Jet Commander

     Troy,

     The Power Commander from Dynojet does not replace the stock computer,
     rather is is connected between the OEM box and its' inputs and
     'fudges' the inputs according to a custom mapping which causes the OEM
     box to act appropriately. It has to be set up for each particular
     bike/pipe/filter combination which involves repeated dyno runs to get
     the mapping just right all the way through the rev range. I looked a
     these very carefully for my TL but dismissed them on the grounds of
     cost, by the time I'd factored in the box, dyno time and labour I was
     looking at quite a bill!

     There is an alternative on the market which seems to do the same thing
     but I don't know if the Sprint is catered for or if they're cheaper.

     They are advertising as Superchips (ICON Race)
     www.superchips.co.uk

     Martin,
     Dublin, Ireland

Has anyone ever had experience with the Dyno Jet Commanders? I believe
that this is what they are called. It simply replaces your OEM computer
and allows you to remap for FI via a computer.  It has a stock map in it
based on a new pipe and air filter. If you want to further tweak it you
can via  computer.