Time to Buy

Well, we finally got out for a test ride, my wife and I that is.  The
handling and braking are excellent.  I thought the stock seat was pretty
darn good as stock seats go, my wife was not as impressed with the
pillion comfort.

Couple questions for you guys.
I'm 6'1" and felt a bit cramped when sitting on the bike in the
showroom.  When riding the bike felt better but only rode for half hour,
25 miles or so.  Has anyone experience leg cramping on the long haul or
found any way to lower the pegs?
Any comments on wether the top case is necessary or is ample storage
available in panniers?  Can Panniers hold full face helmets?  Any ideas
for a back rest other than the top case?
My final questions are regarding service.  Comments on difficulty of
things like oil/filter changes, plugs, chain adjustments, and ease of
valve adjustments would be appreciated.

Looking to be an ST owner soon
Greg