RE: Time to Buy

> Couple questions for you guys.
> I'm 6'1" and felt a bit cramped when sitting on the bike in the
> showroom.  When riding the bike felt better but only rode for half hour,
> 25 miles or so.  Has anyone experience leg cramping on the long haul or
> found any way to lower the pegs?

I am 6'0" and find that my knees can get slightly sore on long days when I
don't get off very often. I think the pegs could go down very slightly since
I don't have much problem scraping them. I have not seen anyone offering a
kit though and I don't think anyone has really complained about it.
> Any comments on wether the top case is necessary or is ample storage
> available in panniers?  Can Panniers hold full face helmets?  Any ideas
> for a back rest other than the top case?

The panniers hold full face helmets, Shoei or Arai mediums with no problem.
I did a backrest using a Kawasaki Concours backrest and the toprack. There
is probably a picture on the site. If you need further information contact
me.

> My final questions are regarding service.  Comments on difficulty of
> things like oil/filter changes, plugs, chain adjustments, and ease of
> valve adjustments would be appreciated.
>
> Looking to be an ST owner soon
> Greg

I find most of the maintenance to be pretty straight forward. The valves are
another story. You will need a $75 tool which will allow you to change one
set at a time or you will have to pull the cams. Getting to them is not much
fun either, but I think that is the case with a whole lot of other modern
motorcycles.

It's a really great bike, I don't think you will have any regrets.

Paul & Dee