Re: How much to pay for 2000 ST

Thanks for the feedback.

Previously, you (TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Suggest you forget the Triumph Datatool alarm-unreliable. I took off the one
> I had on my Trophy and got a much less expensive and more reliable automotive
> one (forget brand)
> put on at Auto Radio  on India St., here in San Diego.

There seems to be some controversy regarding the Triumph alarm.  Some
find it to be OK and others have problems with it.

I haven't decided what to do about this yet but I have to make a final
decision PDQ.

> Also forget the
> Triumph tank Bag, the part that stays behind on the tank is very ugly. Have
> heard on this list that RKA and (?) Wolfman make better ones for plastic (non
> magnetic) tanks.

To be honest, I think I like my Tour Master better than the Triumph tank
bags I saw at the dealer.  I thought of going without a tank bag given
the carrying capacity of the panniers and just getting a strap-on map
case (found one in the Dennis Kirk catalog) but then I remembered the
garage door opener and all the other things that are handy or necessary
up-front.  No, I can't do without a tank bag after all.

> Also forget the tall screen until you try the stock one.

Tried it on a demo ride.  Does that count?

My idea is to use the tall screen in the cool months and the short
screen the rest of the year.  If I get it with the bike I can finance
it.  Get it later and I can't.

So I'm ordering just about every option you can think of.  Why not?  :-)

> For
> me, the stock screen allows just enough air at 65 mph+  to support my body in
> the slight forward lean needed by the stock bars.

Doesn't the venturi vent at the leading edge of the screen still give
the support with the tall screen?

> With the tall screen you will need the tall bars,

Why?

> and you bike will look dorky.

Because of the risers you suggest or because of the screen? Call me what
you want, but the pictures I've seen of the bike with the tall screen
don't look bad to me.

> You can't decide on
> the basis of how it feels sitting on it in the showroom.

Agreed.  However I'm basing my decision re. tall screen on the one demo
ride I took and feedback from riders with the tall screen.

- --
William A. (Bill) Flowers   Phone: +1-727-669-9999
Insight Control Systems     Fax:   +1-727-669-8999
- --
Ride paranoid.  Cages ARE out to get you!