Re: Wahoo !!!

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Bill Flowers wrote:

> After talking to my wonderful wife yesterday and then the bank, I got
> the hoped for phone call today.  Immediately I called the dealer and
> told them to prep the bike for delivery Friday afternoon! :-)

Let me be one of the first people to congratulate you. And remember
the breakin period, those rides are going to be painfull. No
constants speeds, at least 3 or 4 heat cycles on the engine and of
course fresh oil before you give it any real power. With all the
vehicles I have broken in, I do alter the recomondations a bit, I
tend to let the rpms get up a bit higher, BUT I never go past 1/2
throttle/power at any point. The theory is that you are trying to
let the rings and bearings seat, putting lots of pressure on them
by trying to get more power of it is worse than letting the revs
get a bit higher. IMHO of course.

> I think the grin on my face will be rather permanent.  :-)

Yup, after breakin, breakin's a bitch. The worst was the 9r, knowing
that you have one of the fastest machines on the road, then letting
a sport ute beet you off the line.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>

5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945