Re: can i mix tires need new rear

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Erik Miner wrote:

> My opinion, and that's what it is, is to change them both. The D207
> is going to handle differently than the BT57.  Also if you have 8000+
> miles on the original tires than there can't be much more left in the
> front either. Also FWIW you may want to consider the Dunlop D205's
> almost as sticky as the D207 but better mileage of course if you are
> a knee dragger :-) than the D207 might be a better choice. Personally
> on the street it's pretty hard to use all the potential the D205's
> offer.

I agree with above, but I will modify it slightly, generally for
non-aggressive riding I do not mind mixing and matching AS LONG AS
they are basically the same type of tyre, ie performance wise and
the front is stickier than the rear. Since you have a bridgerock
on the front, and your talking about putting a pretty gummy tire
on the back, go for a new from rim protector. I would be tempted
to go for a 207 up front and a 20[4|5] in the back.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>

5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945