Re: Both Headlights

I spoke to  my dealer yesterday about the headlights.
He knows a lot of buyers are really disgruntled and feel that
their safety has been compromised by some pratt of a bureaucrat
who decided we could be mistaken for a car that was 4 times the
distance away.
So he says they are willing to do the electrics with the relay
so that both lights work simultaneously. However, they have to
issue a disclaimer, which the owner then signs, saying that it
is not at the instigation of the dealer or workshop etc. But it
seems like everyone's doing it, and as he says, it would take a
very savvy, on-the-ball Constable Plod to spot the headlights
and check the reg. plate etc. to arrive at the conclusion that
you are illegal, and even then, what are they going to do or
say?
I for one feel it's an important issue and a way of fighting
back against ill thought-out and anti-motorcyclist legislation.

Tim