Re: Trouble Update.

At 04:34 PM 11/20/1999 -0600, mchead wrote:
 >Well I talked to the dealer today at the motorcycle show(the TT600 looks
 >cool)  about my bike. They just started on it yesterday and so far ALL of my
 >intake valves are bent and two exhaust valves are bent on the middle
 >cylinder.Past that they dont know. They did say that the cam chain is not
 >broken.The pistons  of course hit the valves but I dont know what they look
 >like yet.
 >So I am probably looking at next year before I can ride my bike.I will be
 >curious what Triumph will do.

Robert, sorry to hear that (though I was not overly optimistic when I read
your original description of the problem). I know that the service person
was out of the office when you dropped off your bike, but they've still had
two weeks to look at the bike - did they give you a reason why they only
started on it yesterday ?

Based on that I would give them a specific day (maybe Wednesday if they are
closed Monday) that you want the final diagnosis of the problem - I've seen
dealers leave people with large jobs just sit for weeks on end because they
don't want to put the rest of their service queue behind. Then find out
what they are going to do about the problem. If they don't go out of their
way to make the situation right, then you need to pick up the phone and
call ToA and turn up the heat a little.

Please keep me informed.

- - Eric