Re: earplugs

At 06:26 PM 11/22/1999 -0500, David A. Gilmore wrote:
 >Howdy folks, I think it was Eric (maybe someone else) that talked about
 >musicians earplugs a while ago.  I would appreciate a little more
 >information if possible.  I'm wanting to get a custom fit set of plugs that
 >would allow me to hear people talk, engine noise, etc., while filtering out
 >the wind noise.  TIA,    Dave

David,

I use the Challenger I earphones by Precision Labs (in Orlando FL).

http://www.precisionweb.com/monitoring/monitor_earphones/index.html

Step 1 is to order the self molding kit for $7 US. You then make molds of
each ear, send them back to Precision and they will send you back your
custom molded earphones. Cost for the Challenger I is $149.00 US.

BTW they also offer a full communications set up (that does not need a mic
- - works off the earphones) for $799.

http://www.precisionweb.com/challenger/two-way_communication/index.html

Package includes full setup for two people.

- - Eric