Re: Oil leak

I had the same alarm when my ST was new.  According to the dealership that I purchased the ST from, Triumph used some kind of a spray-on anticorrosive coating prior to shipping, and that they must not have gotten all of it off for bike prep.  The heat caused the stuff to melt and run out of the oil cooler vanes.  I found the story to be kind of weird, but I shot the whole area up with degreaser and the oily residue never came back.

>>> <A.Ratsch@xxxxxxxxxxx> 11/22 5:25 AM >>>
I have found some oil on the right side of the oil cooler (99 ST, 2700 km).
The left side is clean. It's not so much, but I couldn't find the source.
Does anyone had the same problem - or is this a "normal" ST-behaviour?

Andreas Ratsch
Cologne/Germany