Re: Rear wheel removal

David Arnett wrote:

> Well, my rear tire is now a slick @ 7200 miles.  I received my new
> tire in the mail, so I guess it is that time!!  Are there any tricks
> or suggestions to make life easier when removing the rear whlle.  It
> appears to be rather simple... remove the pipe, the snap ring and
> nut....and voila...or is there something else?  Does the rear brake
> caliper have to be removed, or does the wheel just remove itself from
> the disk?

	From having watched my friendly tyre guys at work, you just need to put
the bike on the centre stand, remove the exhaust (low level, don't know
about high level) and get an assistant to hold the pannier rail out of
the way while you pull the wheel out.  You don't have to touch the brake
caliper, but it's a good time to check your brake pads!

	Assembly is the reverse of disassembly ;-)

	A tip I picked up from a friend with a 748 is to put a cable tie around
the the ends of the spring clip on the wheel nut.

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_            Everyone learned something - I learned
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___  that James Dening can't steer when you
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-' ride over his foot for instance
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                                  -- Sol