Re: Rear hugger installation

This problem came up a long time ago on the list and there were many different
approaches to the installation.  Some people disassemble the hugger and install
it in pieces then put the plastic rivets back in.  Others remove the caliper or
disconnect the flexible brake line.  If I remember right, disconnecting the line
resulted in an air bubble that could not be easily bled out.  The way I
installed mine was to simply slip it over the top of the rear wheel reversed
with the chain guard aiming toward the front of the bike.  Once it is far enough
forward simply spin it around so that the chain guard slips under the brake hose
and falls into place over the chain.  All that is left is to bolt it up to the
swing arm.  No disassembly of the brake line or hugger is needed.

Dan