Re: Blue Bulb

Previously, you (Blake Sobiloff) wrote:
> They have real good "poseur value," that's for sure. Unfortunately,
> unless the "blue bulbs" are actually a HID lighting system (as found on
> some newer luxury cars), they output significantly less light and cause
> major glare problems. As a general rule, just say no to blue bulbs. See
> <http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/blue_bulbs/> for more details.

Lots of excellent info at this site.  My company does a LOT of work with
light, and my senior partner is a physicist specializing in optics.
Also my foray into marine aquatics (I have a reef tank with some corals
and such in it) forced me to learn even more.

What I have learned over the past 2 years made me question the use of
blue bulbs.  What I read at the above site confirms what I have learned.

You can use what you want, but I'll stay away from blue bulbs.

- --
Bill Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"