Re: Blue Bulb

Previously, you (mchead) wrote:
> . I'll still flash the high beams when splitting
> > lanes or when I'm approaching an intersection where a car wants to turn
> > left across my path of travel, though.
> >

> Just another opinion but I do now that here in Dallas a lot of people take a
> flashing of the lights as a GO AHEAD AND TURN. Food for thought.

Thanks for reminding me.  We discussed this in the MSF course (not so
long ago for me, and even more recently for my wife).  The
recommendation was DON'T DO IT.  There is too much confusion over what
it means to blink your high beams.

Our instructor is a ghoul ;-) with a scrapbook of motorcycle accident
reports.  For years he has cut out every newspaper article he sees and
adds it to his book.  He quickly located a few reports where the rider
was injured or killed BECAUSE he flashed his high beams and it was
misinterpreted.

As stated above it could mean PROCEED.  This seems to be a regional
thing but you never know where a driver is from.

- --
Bill Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"