Re: Running with high beams

Re flashing
I've come to the same conclusion
In the good old days, my dad always used to flash his (!) out of
niceness to allow people to pull out, reverse, stop ...
whatever.
These days it's an ambiguous kind of signal. I think the best
thing to do is to drive on low beam and put the high beam on to
warn somebody of your presence, at least till you've passed the
car or incident in question.
the few times I've flashed people instead, they've also
interpreted it as a sign to do whatever it is they were planning
to do - generally something that their driving instructor
wouldn't approve of.
Tim