Re: Leather seat question

At 11:10 AM 11/24/1999 -0500, Thomas Emberson wrote:
 >Damn, spoke to soon, um er oops. Got to ask though, when you go
 >out to your toy chest^W^Wgarage, do the bike gods push you towards
 >the Sprint or the Harley.
 >And I must admit, when I get the current batch of furniture making
 >out of me, I will probably try to find an older Harley that is more
 >or less stock that requires some TLC. Of course I will probably
 >look for the rubber mounted engine variety of the species.

Well, I can honestly say right now that I always ride the "Sprint" (as I
currently own a 72 Harley Sprint in addition to the ST) ;-)

However the Harley I was speaking of was not the Sprint, but rather a
previous "bad decision". My parents both rode Harleys and I got sucked into
the whole mess. I tired of the attitudes really quick.... I am a lifetime
HOG member (should I really admit that ?) and do ride with the local
chapter from time to time (especially for charity runs).

I bought the 72 Sprint last year from an old codger in North Carolina who
had been using it on his farm since 1974 (still had the reg tags from 74).
It was in pretty rough shape so the price was right. And as it was an AMF
bike, as well as being made by the Italian firm Aermacchi (they made the
singles for Harley in the 60's and 70's), it was not accepted by the new
Harley enthusiasts as a "real" Harley - of course at that point I just had
to have it.

I dumped a lot into the restoration of it and now just have a really good
time putting around with it. If I can ever get it to the point where it
starts reliably, my wife has said that she wants to use it.

- - Eric

End of st-digest V1999 #308