Re: Suspensiob setup

Erik, I changed the pre-load on the forks from 10 mm
to 12mm (above the fork top), as well as adjusting the
rebound damping from 1.5 to 1.75 turns from fully in.
Also set the rear pre-load to 16 turns from fully in.
Yes - these are the soft riding settings in the owners
manual. The bike felt awful after these changes. I
wanted a different feel from stock, but I wouldn't
have bought the bike if the test-bike had had these
settings. Anycase, I then changed the front pre-load
to 11 and set the rear rebound back to 1.5. This has
given me a compromise I like. The (to me) stock
settings are a little too firm, although I find the
bike more comfortable on the firmer settings I find
the bike easier to corner if it moves more. Anyway my
suggestion is to have a go changing your suspension -
the changes are dramatic and its easy to change back
to the stock settings. BTW thanks to all who responded
to my previous request for suspension advice.

Regards

Tim. Blue Y2k. London.