Re: Sprockets and other nonsense

 I don't
>think the '00s will pull redline in 6th, has anyone done it?  >

I'll find a "spot" and let you know (bags off probably). I have about 1,600
miles on mine now so I can go with it.  I rode it at ~120 for a way this
weekend but I didn't attempt anything else because I was comfortable right
there.
James Lock

BTW, our local group went for a Sunday morning ride yesterday.  I was third
in the group when we were riding comfortably through a series of 30-35mph
posted turns.  We were running a smooth steady 70-75.  The lead guy went
into a right hand curve and slammed down on the ground as the front wheel
let go.  He slid and tumbled about 280 feet.  The bike was a right off (but
it was a Yamaha :-)  ) .  Bob escaped with just a couple of bruises and
rash.

 Thank you Held Gloves,
 Thank you Aerostitch,
 Thank you Shoei Helmets.

  All of that gear was ground down and totalled, but it did the job.  After
we got the bike on a  truck and trailer we were passed by a bunch of Harley
riders with t-shirts and bandanas - "We don't need no stinken protective
gear, hell it don't work anyways, it'l break your darn neck wearing one of
them there helmets....."

 By the way, watch out for trees overhanging the road on cool early morning
rides as the dew doesn't burn off until much later than the rest of the
road.  The asphalt road was bleeding and the oil mixed with the dew made it
super slippery.