Re: Lurker No More

- --------------738F808D48513DB2711848EF

Mark,
MUST KEEP ALL BIKES>>>>ALSO BUY NEW ST>
We have 2 in our garage, but the color to get is RED.....FAST......
We are in Tuscon every March with our dual sport bikes. We love the
desert/mountain combo you have going out there.
Charla
TX RED sprint st, dr 350Suzuki, honda250dirt (3of6in garage)-female  :)
previous    CBR1000Honda owner-40,000miles-LOVE ST FOR LESS WEIGHT....makes
for even FASTER Sweepers in our TX Hill Country!
BTW-Sprint ST's love 140+baby!    oh yeah!-Charla

Mark Tuttle wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> My name is Mark Tuttle and I don't have a Triumph Sprint ST  but I am
> seriously considering one after this morning's test ride.  Having had a
> Range Rover ten years ago I swore that I'd never buy anything mechanical
> from England again, but the Sprint ST seems well put-together.  I did
> notice the heat coming onto my legs and thighs but it wasn't noticible
> above 55 and the temperature indicator hardly got above the line above
> 'C'.  The fuel guage was wacky......when I started my ride the guage
> showed just above half and within 50 mile was in the red of empty.  When
> I fueled up with the bike on the center stand I put in 4.2 gallons and
> the guage stayed on full for the remaining fifty miles.  Running by the
> tripometer is evidently the thing to do.
>
> I was amazed at the smoothness of the power and the width of the torque
> band.  Several times I found myself in fourth on freeway sections doing
> 80.  I only ran the bike up to 110 but it seemed quite steady and
> willing to give more.  No complaints from my wrists or back, but my aged
> and much-repaired knee seemed to need an occasional stretch.
>
> So all in all I'm trying to decide whether to buy the black  May-built
> 99 on the floor or wait for the 2000 red due in this month or the yellow
> RS due in late January.  Evidently the RS is about 30lbs lighter and
> will list at $9499.   The pictures I saw from the dealer visit last
> weekend really make the RS look quite nice (especially with the lower
> belly spoiler attached), although with lower bars and screen I'm not
> sure I'd want to travel hundereds of miles.
>
> My wife will want me to get rid of the R1100RT....she's just not a bike
> person and can't understand the differences between the machines.
> Anybody have cheap storage nearby??
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Mark Tuttle
> Tucson, AZ

- --------------738F808D48513DB2711848EF

<HTML>
Mark,
<BR>MUST KEEP ALL BIKES>>>>ALSO BUY NEW ST>
<BR>We have 2 in our garage, but the color to get is RED.....FAST......
<BR>We are in Tuscon every March with our dual sport bikes. We love the
desert/mountain combo you have going out there.
<BR>Charla
<BR>TX RED sprint st, dr 350Suzuki, honda250dirt (3of6in garage)-female&nbsp;
:)
<BR>previous&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; CBR1000Honda owner-40,000miles-LOVE ST FOR
LESS WEIGHT....makes for even FASTER Sweepers in our TX Hill Country!
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=+2>BTW</FONT></B>-Sprint ST's love 140+baby!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
oh yeah!-Charla

<P>Mark Tuttle wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Greetings All,

<P>My name is Mark Tuttle and I don't have a Triumph Sprint ST&nbsp; but
I am
<BR>seriously considering one after this morning's test ride.&nbsp; Having
had a
<BR>Range Rover ten years ago I swore that I'd never buy anything mechanical
<BR>from England again, but the Sprint ST seems well put-together.&nbsp;
I did
<BR>notice the heat coming onto my legs and thighs but it wasn't noticible
<BR>above 55 and the temperature indicator hardly got above the line above
<BR>'C'.&nbsp; The fuel guage was wacky......when I started my ride the
guage
<BR>showed just above half and within 50 mile was in the red of empty.&nbsp;
When
<BR>I fueled up with the bike on the center stand I put in 4.2 gallons
and
<BR>the guage stayed on full for the remaining fifty miles.&nbsp; Running
by the
<BR>tripometer is evidently the thing to do.

<P>I was amazed at the smoothness of the power and the width of the torque
<BR>band.&nbsp; Several times I found myself in fourth on freeway sections
doing
<BR>80.&nbsp; I only ran the bike up to 110 but it seemed quite steady
and
<BR>willing to give more.&nbsp; No complaints from my wrists or back, but
my aged
<BR>and much-repaired knee seemed to need an occasional stretch.

<P>So all in all I'm trying to decide whether to buy the black&nbsp; May-built
<BR>99 on the floor or wait for the 2000 red due in this month or the yellow
<BR>RS due in late January.&nbsp; Evidently the RS is about 30lbs lighter
and
<BR>will list at $9499.&nbsp;&nbsp; The pictures I saw from the dealer
visit last
<BR>weekend really make the RS look quite nice (especially with the lower
<BR>belly spoiler attached), although with lower bars and screen I'm not
<BR>sure I'd want to travel hundereds of miles.

<P>My wife will want me to get rid of the R1100RT....she's just not a bike
<BR>person and can't understand the differences between the machines.
<BR>Anybody have cheap storage nearby??

<P>Best Wishes,

<P>Mark Tuttle
<BR>Tucson, AZ

<P>&nbsp;*&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp;
*&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp;
*&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp;
*&nbsp;&nbsp; *
<BR>&nbsp;The ST Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.TriumphNet.com/st";>http://www.TriumphNet.com/st</A>
for ST and Mailing List info</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------738F808D48513DB2711848EF--