Re: Taller Screen for ST

I bought the tall screen from another lister in the summer in anticipation for the winter.  I HATE cold, and even living in Houston TX, I thought that this screen would be a good investment.  I put the screen on my ST for about a week.  It offers superb protection, yet lets a little air hit the top vents of my helmet, but it was way too hot for Houston summer riding.  Yes, there is more pressure on the wrists, but I wouldn't know about the stock bars because  I have installed GenMar Risers, and the combination of the two works well.  I would imagine that the wrist pressure is pretty bad without the risers, but don't have the experience to say.  The tall screen drastically changes the looks of the bike, but I like it.  It also (for me) becomes a visual obstruction when aggressively taking turns (leaning on tank & hanging out slightly) when looking into the turn.  I either have to pop my head up above the top of the screen, or out to the side into the turn to see well, which gets buffeted in the process.  The bike is slower with the tall screen, but you'll seem to ride it faster!!! because of the added protection and sense of security.  Your face shield will stay much cleaner.  The bike is affected more by crosswinds also because of the larger low pressure pocket produced by the taller screen.  A stiff crosswind can buffet you more than with the short screen since the pocket of protection is relatively narrow.  Like everything else in life, its all a compromise, but I would recomment it.  It totally changes the ride.  Its great in the rain!!