Re: Any R1100RS owners?

At 05:53 PM 10/04/1999 -0400, CSG wrote:
 >I'm purchasing a new bike in the next couple of weeks and have it narrowed
 >down to a 1999 R1100RS and a 1999 (or possibly a Y2K Sapphire Blue) Triumph
 >Sprint ST.  Frankly, at this point, I love both bikes but can't afford
 >both -- kinda like the wife and girlfriend, but that is another story ;-)
 >
 >On the one hand, the Triumph is cheaper, faster, etc.  On the other, the
 >Beemer has ABS, Telelever, Paralever, shaft drive, etc.  Both are great
 >sport/touring machines but come at it from different angles...hence the
 >dilemma.

Sure is - on one hand you can own Cycle World's 1999 Sport-Touring Bike of
the Year - on the other, well.......

Of course that is only said to get a rise out of the other list ;-)

As Frederick Huganir (from the BMW list) said in his earlier email, you
will truly be happy only if you make the decision yourself. Both bikes have
their strong points, but for me the ST offered the best marriage of Sport
and Touring that I could find - your criteria maybe completely different.
I'm sure you have read the many reviews on the site as well as the new
owners comments. And I'm also sure that you will find similar rave reviews
from the BMW owners.

Many of the other people on this list have fallen prey to the ST's
seduction after a test ride - maybe you should schedule one - BUT be
prepared for an awesome ride,  that will leave you frantically searching
for your checkbook to write the deposit on your return. ;-)

- - Eric