RE: Mushrooms

I've seen them at the race track.   They seem to protect the bodywork fairly well.   No complaints about bent frames.  Stands to reason that you have to be careful to attach them to a solid structure.

The only down side I've noticed is that they allow the bike to slide - farther and slowing down less -  like crashing in the rain.