Re: Sapphire blue (was Re: seat cover)

At 08:41 AM 10/05/1999 -0400, Blake Sobiloff wrote:
 >No. Your monitor/LCD screen is going to make a tremendous difference in
 >color depending on how it's adjusted, it's age, and even which OS you're
 >running. For example -- not to bash everyone's favorite list maintainer
 >-- the color fidelity of the blue ST on this lists' home page stinks
 >when I look at it on my laptop screen. It's darker and duller than the
 >real thing.

That's ok - I can take it. That picture was the first picture that was
available of the colour and came out long before Triumph updated their site.

 >In contrast, the free background wallpaper of a blue ST from
 >Triumph's web site looks pretty close (to me). [1] If you really want
 >accurate color presentation you're better-off looking at printed media
 >(or the actual bike).

The offending image has been removed and replaced with the one you suggested.

I have been told from a few reps that the *only* way to accurately view
this colour (like was the case for roulette green) is in person in direct
sunlight.

- - Eric