Re: Dunlops

Paul,

First, I have heard pretty good things about the pilots, but I am not
aware of whether they are designated as T15 or T25.  Perhaps someone
else can answer this.  As far as my opinion of the Dunlops, I am pretty
happy.  They handle differently than the BT57 standard on the ST.  Their
larger radius profile provides a slower turn in, but once a line is set,
they are very solid as Paul Steinbacher said in a previous message.
This profile also results in a larger contact patch in a turn, which
IMHO helps ensure solid traction in the corners.  In general, they have
been confidence inspiring and the rear has not slid out any like
happened with the BT57.  Conversely, I am not sure if I have pushed
these as hard yet in the corners.

After 4400 miles on these tires, the rears (D205) are holding up pretty
well.  The front (D207), however, are definitely cupping - especially on
mine.  I have seen a Dunlop front tire on a friends VFR that was showing
the same type cupping, just a whole lot worse as he had a lot more miles
on it.  FWIW, the BT57s were also showing signs of cupping, but I do not
recall noticing it as soon.

..Richard White

Paul Master wrote:

Hi Richard and Lisa,
I'm starting to look at tires. Just wanted to know how much you like
your
Dunlops. My rear is getting close at about 4700 miles, the front is
still
good.

Have you guys heard anything about the Michelin T15/T25's? (15's are
front,
25's are rear). Are these the Pilots? Any information is good
information at
this point. Thanx so much.