Re: Lurker No More

As far as I could tell from a close up look at the RS at the factory the bars are only marginally lower than those on the ST, if at all; they have the same mounting so could use either ST bars or the GenMar risers I guess?  Either way, the seat is also a bit lower, so that might account for some of the difference.
cheers
Jonathan.

>>> Mark Tuttle <tuttlev@xxxxxxxxx> 02/10/99 23:08:55 >>>
Greetings All,

<snip>
So all in all I'm trying to decide whether to buy the black  May-built
99 on the floor or wait for the 2000 red due in this month or the yellow
RS due in late January.  Evidently the RS is about 30lbs lighter and
will list at $9499.   The pictures I saw from the dealer visit last
weekend really make the RS look quite nice (especially with the lower
belly spoiler attached), although with lower bars and screen I'm not
sure I'd want to travel hundereds of miles.

My wife will want me to get rid of the R1100RT....she's just not a bike
person and can't understand the differences between the machines.
Anybody have cheap storage nearby??

Best Wishes,

Mark Tuttle
Tucson, AZ