Re: Louder horn,cheap and easy upgrade

> For practical purposes it doesn't matter how much inductance is present
> providing it doesn't have an inductance of 1 henry, and it doesn't.  It will
> generate the spark you are speaking of at the time the switch is set back to
> the, "open position", horn off position.  If there is enough insulation on
> the switch contacts, as I am sure there is because they have to meet CE
> requirements, or if they short the other side of the horn to ground under
> horn off position, in either case all is fine.

but won't the contacts begin to deteriorate as small amounts of
material are ionized by the arc?

Somehow I knew this was coming.  And sometimes I wonder why I switched
from hardware to software.

In any case, stick with the relay, since the back surge of current
from the relay is really small.  If you are really worried,
feed the relay from a JFET, and let the JFET take the back surge.

OK.  That is far as I will take this...

- -chuck