Re: Exhaust and Helmets

Blake,  Great that your dealer is investing in a dyno.  Look forward to
seeing the results posted as soon as you have them.

Eric, Good point on those being CA spec bikes.  I would assume they're
generally down 10% in HP which is about what we saw, however, isn't that done
through Triumph's FI mapping?  Or do CA Sprint STs have a converter in the
exhaust somewhere?  If its done with the FI mapping, then when the
aftermarket pipe and tune went on, we should have seen a big improvement in
power don't you think?

I've had an Arai Quantum/s and a Shoei X/SP.  Both are good helmets and both
really fit my head nicely.  I think the Arai was a little better quality.
The Shoei vented only slightly better and the Arai design was about four
years old.  Arai's new top design RX7 RR3 probably meets or exceeds the Shoei
in that regard.  Shoei's sheild system is better.  I would have bought an
Arai again, but the one area I have problems with is not enough room in the
face- my nose/lips will hit the chin bar at high speeds.

Rick Paukert
Houston