RE: 99 vs. 00 (Y2K 955i/Speed Triple shifter)

> I have both an ST and a Speed Triple.  While I have yet to swap the Y2K
> shifter over to the ST, it does look as if it would place the shift "peg"
> very close to the footpeg. . .  At least an inch closer than stock if I
> recall correctly.  You may wish to measure it before plunking
> your $$ down.
>
> Mark Gibson

Mark, What a lucky fellow you are. An ST and a Speed Triple! Next you will
tell me they are red and roulette green. Guess I got lucky Saturday, I
stopped by Hermy's and lo and behold there was a roulette green Speed
Triple. He told me it was going out Tuesday so I guess that saved me from
making a very rash decision. So tell me, what do you like or dislike about
either bike, and what year is the Speed Triple.

Paul & Dee
P.S. Dee (as everyone who knows her will attest) says "go for it"