Cracked exhause collector (was RE: Re:Tackett's polished wheels)

Let me guess - it's cracking around the weld for the mount right behind the
oil filter, right? I just noticed my collector doing the same thing. My
crack winds around the pipe from one side of the welded mount to the other.
My guess is that this is close to where the catalytic converter is and the
heat is causing the pipe to expand a bit more than was planned for. I'll
take a closer look at the mount after it comes off.

Those of you who were noticeing excessive heat from the lowers might want to
give that area a close look-see. The crack makes a great foot-warmer...