Re: New subscribers

Eric,
 Thanks for the welcome. I am new to the world of Triumphs and need
some advice about the relative merits of some different models. I am
looking at the 99 ST, an older (96) Daytona or waiting for the new
Sprint RS due out early next year. I realize this list is heavily biased
towards the ST, but what the thoughts concerning the other 2? I rode a
97 Daytona with Heli-bars and the riding position wasn't too severe. Can
the latest tunes be downloaded to older versions of the fuel injection
to match the high perf pipes? My background is BMW and Ducati mainly,
with the occasional forays into Japanese 4 cyl territory. A friend
suggested I investigate Triumph, so here I am. I should mention that I
would use the bike for sport-touring (HSTA member) with the emphasis on
sport with an occasional track day thrown in. I currently race an MuZ
Skorpion in the AHRMA Skorpion Cup series with my son as teammate.
  Any info or comments would be appreciated.
Mike Kindelin
West Chicago, Il
(I also posted a similiar inquiry to the T5 list)