Re: Clunking noise

=>
=>Neil Halbert wrote:
=>
=>Sorry, I didn't describe it well. A better term to start with would have been
=>buzz or rhythmic vibration and not a noise.
=>You don't "hear" with your ears.....

It may not have anything to do with what your are experiencing, but in
the earlier days of my ST, I also often felt a strange vibration which
could be very well defined as "rhythmic". It was however not always
present but mainly just when I was picking up from low revs on uphill
twisty roads. It was a sort of pulsing vibration which could be felt on
the seat, footpegs and grips, and often pretty strongly.
It started when the bike had about 4000 Km (or 2500 miles).
It totaly disappeared when I changed tires so I ended up blaming
the BT57's which apparently started tranmitting the vibrations when
they were about half way through. I now have Michelin Macadams, which
are more than half way through (but with a lot more mileage than the
BT57's), and the problem has never appeared again.
Possibly had something to do with the BT57 rubber getting harder with
wear. Or could be that taking off the wheels and remounting them fixed
something that was not in place. Who will ever know ..... :-))

Ciao,
Carlo - All Black ST