Re: Vanson v Aerostitch

Robert,  The Aerostitch Roadcrafter is a great three season suit and is
comfortable with shorts and a t-shirt under it in all but the hottest
weather, which here in Houston, is pretty hot.  You can also fill the pockets
with ice at gas stations and since its water proof it melts without getting
you wet.  The Vanson Pro Perf is cooler in the summer by virtue of all the
venting holes and I got pearl grey so the light color helps as well.  When
you're stopped in traffic, however, both are pretty hot.  The great thing
about the 'Stitch is that when you get somewhere you cram it in the
saddlebags and you can be in shorts and a t-shirt.  When its really hot and I
wear the Pro Perf and TBR Kevlar Jeans, I'm stuck with the jeans on unless
there's a place to change.  I also use the Apline Stars Jet Boots (like high
top sneakers with ankle protection) which vent well in the summer.  In sum,
the Aerostitch is much,  more versitile then leather in temp range and is
water proof.  The Pro Perf is a Summer only, not raining jacket only for me.

Rick
Houston