MEZ4s

Just thought I'd drop a note to comment on how the Metzeler MEZ4s are
holding up on the ST.

I was out last weekend with a couple of buddies on Mines Road in the hills
east of the San Francisco Bay Area.  This is a very tight piece of road,
about fifty miles in length, that runs north-south from Livermore to the top
of Mt Hamilton.  The run features several great stretches of twisty bits (so
narrow that there is no center line painted on the road), some excellent
high-speed sweepers and even a couple of fairly straight stretches for some
quick triple digit strafing.  This is the area where fellow lister, Paul
Master, and I both touched down our belly pans about six weeks back.

The MEZ4s are a huge improvement over the Bridgestone stockers.  I thought
the BT57s were pretty good actually, but did find myself breaking the rear
tire loose more often than I thought appropriate given my moderate riding
style.  But compared to the Metzelers, they stink.  Not only am I not
slipping, I have tremendous confidence in the grip these babies offer.  So
much so that I scraped the left-side hero peg twice during this run.  I was
certainly not trying to scrape pegs, and in neither incident did I feel like
I was leaned that far over, but that just speaks to the confidence this bike
and these tires provide to the rider.

If you're ready for a new set of rubber, I give these tires a very
enthusiastic endorsement.