From: David Arnett [mailto:DArnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 October 1999 21:20
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Clutch Lever

We just got to remember here that there is no such thing as a free lunch.
With a cable actuated clutch, the amount of work required to fully disengage
the clutch will remain the same, regardless of the lever used.  Work equals
Force X Distance, which will make this "Span Reduction" (less distance) kit
equate to a stiffer (greater Force required) clutch pull, which may work
better for those with shorter than average fingers.  I used to feel that I
almost had to reach for the mirror before finding the clutch lever, but am
now used to it.  Since Triumph opted for the cable actuated clutch, they had
to make the "span" large to make the effort less, otherwise the magazines
will be complaining about the stiff clutch.

>>> Mark Pope <popeml@xxxxxxxxx> 10/20 2:49 PM >>>

I just noticed on the new Triumph Homepage that a
"CLUTCH LEVER SPAN REDUCTION KIT" is available. I'm
sure it wasn't available earlier in the year.

Mark

EMAIL: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx