Re: MEZ4s

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Keith Formosa wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> Scraping pegs and stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be. In fact, it implies
> that one may need to smooth one's riding style to ride more efficiently and
> ultimately faster. Furthermore doing that sort of thing on the street is
> going to get you in trouble either with the law or Dr. Physics.

My riding is actually fairly smooth. Anyway, one of my Dad's favorite
sayings is that there is a right time and place for everything. I
supplement that one I never knowingly go beyond 85% of the bike
capabilities, thus theoretically leaving me a margin of error,
'cause your are absolutely correct, that no matter how known/clean
the street is, there is always room for something unexpected :-)

Found that out the hard way with about 500 miles on my first bike
as I went around a corner and found fresh gravel under my front
rim protector. Thankfully that is my only at speed let down. (we
will not talk about the two side stand failures or the time my
right foot slipped on some damp grass :-)

> The ST is a very fast bike and compares very well with the Honda VFR  - in
> the hands of a skilled rider, it is just as potent as any other sportbike in
> real world riding conditions. It has to defer to harder-edged sportbikes
> (such as the ZX9R) on the track.

Interesting, I have read a few magazine articles on the matter,
but I want the opinion from real world guys and gals. Basically
people who do not have to answer to a editor who has to answer to
the sales staff who have to answer to the advertisers, well you
get the drift. Anyway, I am sure the people on this list are still
somewhat biased :-)

Anyway, I have ridden a newer VFR, not impressed, IMHO Sprint is
much better, but then again, no real twisties on either.

> There is an excellent article recently posted on Interactive Motorcycle
> www.activebike.com  about the new Michelin Pilot Sport radials with a
> comparison to the Bridgestone BT56SS and Dunlop 207 which all may find
> interesting. The link for this article can be found at:
> http://207.168.125.101/index/features/michelin/michelin.htm

Interesting, I am going to read that when I get a chance.

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>

5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945