My Dreaded List entry update

I spoke with my insurance company the other day and they told me that
they had cut me a check for US$1351.24.  I then called my dealer, Shore
Power and Sports. The service manager, Kevin, pulled out my file and
told me the exact same number. The actual damage comes to $1851.24 but I
have a $500 deductible.

Kevin had recommended that I get the bike to their shop so that the
appraiser could see it there and they would be able to point out to the
appraiser any hidden damage, i.e. bent fairing brackets.

I had already ordered the brake pedal the day after the accident and had
the bike back in one week. Kevin and I went over the list of parts and I
decided to keep the scratched can, buddy peg and front brake lever. That
brought the cost down to the check amount and I will eat the cost of
replacing the brake pedal as the punishment for being in a place where I
probably shouldn't have been. We'll have to do some juggling with the
mirror. I have a mirror on order for a warranty problem, but I will have
to turn in an unscathed mirror to Triumph.

So the parts are ordered and once my panniers arrive I will drop off the
bike for the installation and accident repair. Hopefully it will be nice
and cold when I do, so I won't miss my blue baby as much

BTW Kevin and I discussed Eric Miner's recent pannier and heated hand
"gripe" installation. Both tasks are a pita. It took them all day to do
the job yet they were very proud of it and quite impressed with the idea
of the different use for the headlight switch.

- --
Steve Lawler
New Jersey
2000 Sprint ST (Blue, of course, with a few ugly white marks)
1980 Honda CM400T "My Little Red Putt-Putt"